The potential causes of why your nail are bendy include
- Nutritional deficiencies: Incorporate a nutritious diet to solve this.
- Hormonal imbalance or health issues: Consult a physician.
- Excessive moisture or chemicals exposure: Wear gloves when exposed to moisture and chemicals like cleaning agents.
- Trauma or injury: Treat your nail gently.
Say goodbye to your bendy nails and embrace the confidence that comes with well-groomed hands! This article has all you need to know.
What Are The Causes of Bendy Nails?
There are a few factors that cause your nails to become weak and bendy. These causes are
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Lack of essential Vitamins B, Calcium, Iron, Or Fatty Acids
- Protein deficiency
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Excessive Moisture Exposure
- Excessive water exposure
- Frequent contact with harsh chemicals
- Exposure To Chemical
- Cleaning products
- Trauma Or Injury
- Excessive filing
- Using your nails as tools.
- Underlying Health Conditions
- Raynaud’s disease
If you are facing other problems like your nails becoming flimsy, there are solutions. Let’s see.
Solutions for Bendy Nails
Bent nails can be easily strengthened by adopting some simple yet effective habits.
How To Fix Bendy Finger Nails
To fix your bendy fingernails there are some habits and steps to incorporate in your daily life. Here are some insightful tips and suggestions for you:
- Balanced diet: Incorporate nutrients like biotin, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids into your meals.
- Hydration: Drink 2 to 3 liters of water every day to keep your cuticles and nails hydrated.
- Proper nail care: Avoid habits like nail biting and picking, as they can weaken the nails. Additionally, refrain from excessive filing or using your nails as tools.
- Protective gloves: Whenever you engage in activities that may damage your nails. For activities such as cleaning or gardening, wear protective gloves to shield them.
- Professional nail care: Consider consulting a nail technician who can provide expert advice and guidance.
- Choose a reputable salon: When visiting a nail salon, ensure you choose one that is reputable and credible. This can greatly impact the quality of nail care you receive.
- Nail care products: Use nail oils and nail hardeners to nourish and strengthen your nails. Some recommended products by nail technicians are-
|Cuccio Naturale Revitalizing Cuticle Oil||Advanced therapy for dry handsGet stronger and longer nails|
|QUIMICA ALEMANA Nail Hardener||One of the greatest nail hardeners on the market|
Here is a video to explain more about bendy nails and how to fix them
By following these tips and incorporating them into your nail care routine, you can improve the strength of your nails. Remember, consistency is key, so make these habits a regular part of your nail care regimen.
How to Fix Soft And Bendy Toenails?
Dealing with soft and bendy toenails can be frustrating and embarrassing. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to restore them to their original condition.
- Medical Treatment For Fungal Infection
- Trimmed Relatively Short
- Vitamin Supplements
Also, if you are facing other problems like your toenails turning white, consult a physician for underlining health conditions.
What Vitamin Helps Strengthen Nails?
Vitamin C and Biotin are two vitamins that can help strengthen nails. Let’s break that down-
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C promotes collagen production, which is essential for maintaining flexible and strong nails.
- Biotin: Biotin strengthens nails and supports the growth of healthy cells. It can be found in various foods such as organ meats, eggs, fish, meat, seeds, nuts, and certain vegetables. Adding these foods to your diet can ensure an adequate intake of biotin for nail health.
Both Vitamin C and Biotin play important roles in maintaining the strength and health of nails. Incorporating these vitamins into your diet can help improve the condition of your nails.
However, it is important to note that individual results may vary. It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice and recommendations.
Tips For Healthy Nails
- Dry and clean nails: Keep your nails dry and clean to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi underneath them.
- Trim nails straight across: Trim your nails straight across using sharp nail clippers. For added strength, slightly round the tips.
- No, to nail biting or trimming your cuticles: Avoid nail biting and trimming your cuticles. These habits can damage your nails and increase the risk of infection.
- Use moisturizer: Use moisturizer, such as hand lotion or cuticle cream, to keep your cuticles and nails hydrated.
- Protect nails: Protect your nails by wearing gloves when doing tasks involving water, chemicals, or harsh cleaning products.
- Regularly trim toenails: Regularly trim your toenails to reduce the risk of damage and injury. Soak your feet in warm salt water, if your toenails are thick and difficult to clip. Soak for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Treat your nails gently: Treat your nails gently and avoid using them as tools to open cans or scratch surfaces.
- Avoid harsh chemical polish: Choose nail polishes that don’t contain harsh chemicals, as this can weaken and harm your nails.
- Hydration and Nutrition: It is important to prioritize hydration and maintain a healthy diet. Make sure to drink enough water and consume a nutrient-rich diet to support overall nail health.
- Prevent over-exposure to water: Nails can become weak if they are frequently exposed to water and then dried. To avoid this, try to minimize your exposure to water and, when necessary, wear gloves to protect your nails.
- Give your nails time to breathe: Regular use of gel or artificial nails can weaken your natural nails. To allow them to recover and breathe, take breaks between applications.
- Consider taking supplements: For individuals with thin nails, taking biotin supplements may help strengthen them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Cuticle Oil Help With Soft Bendy Nails?
Yes, cuticle oil keeps the cuticles and nails moisturized. It can be massaged into the hands or used directly on the cuticles and nails. Make it a part of a daily beauty regimen.
Why Are My Nails Soft And Bendy After Acrylics?
Acrylic nails use harsh chemicals in the process. Said chemicals can strip the fingernails of the protective layer in the nail plate. This causes the nails to become weak making them soft and bendy.
Is A Normal Healthy Nail Firm But Flexible?
Normal, healthy nails are flexible but firm. The surface of a healthy nail should be smooth with a uniform color like pink or mauve. It should be resistant to breakage also.
Having bendy nails is a common and frustrating problem for many people.
It’s important to remember that the health of your nails can reflect your overall well-being. So taking care of them is not only about appearance but also about maintaining your overall health.
- Is Hair Food Good For Your Hair? What Do You Think? - September 25, 2023
- Is Bedhead Really Good for Your Hair? - September 20, 2023
- Is Root To End Good For Your Hair? Answered And Clarified - September 18, 2023