Nails that are naturally thin may still feel sharp after filing and cutting. So, your nail is so sharp because of several reasons such as:
- Improper nail cutting.
- Deficiency of several vitamins like vitamin B, vitamin D, or low calcium levels.
- Brittle nails might result in sharpness and cracking due to hormonal abnormalities and hypothyroidism.
- Sharpness and peeling of the nail can also happen through external damage. Such as using the nail as a tool or applying too much pressure.
If you are worried about your sharp nail, don’t worry. Read out the full article to know every possible reason why your nails are so sharp.
Reasons Why Your Nail Is So Sharp
Some of the vital reasons are:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Hormonal imbalances
- External damage
- Inappropriate nail-cutting practices
- Natural nail form
Deficiency of several vitamins like vitamin B, vitamin D, or low calcium levels are responsible for your thin and sharp nails. Overall peeling or weak nails can be caused by a general deficiency in iron, biotin, and vitamin C.
Viral warts, infections, and certain drugs can also lead to sharp nails, along with injuries to the fingers and hands.
Nutritional inadequacies, such as zinc insufficiency, can also produce nail anomalies. Such as Beau’s lines, which are depressions that run across the fingernail. Also, dip nail cracking is a major cause of sharp nails.
How to Dull Your Sharp Fingernails
Now, as there are problems there are solutions. Here’s how you can fix your sharp fingernails.
1. File your nails: Sharp edges can be rounded off with a regular nail file. By filing your nails, you may avoid damaging edges and maintain the health of your nails.
2. Trim your nails straight across: Trim your nails straight across using manicure scissors or clippers, then gently curl the tips. Avoid too short nail cuts and rounded edges as they might make the nails grow sharper.
3. Use moisturizer: Rub hand lotion into your fingernails, cuticles, and any exposed skin when using your hands. You may avoid sharpening and maintaining the health of your nails by doing this.
4. Apply a protective layer: Utilizing a nail hardener may assist to strengthen nails and reduce sharpness. Otherwise, there is a high chance of bending your nail by any external force.
5. Wear gloves: When cleaning, using strong chemicals, or washing dishes, put on cotton-lined rubber gloves. This can help keep the nails from becoming damaged and from getting too sharp.
6. Avoid biting your nails or picking at your cuticles: These practices increase sharpness and harm the nail. Even a little cut next to your fingernail can let germs or fungus in and lead to an illness.
7. Keep your nails clean and dry: By doing this, bacteria cannot develop under your fingernails. Split fingernails can be caused by prolonged or repeated contact with water.
You can use this video for more tips to dull your nails.
Tips For Healthy Nails
Here are some recommendations from dermatologists for maintaining healthy nails:
- Keep your nails always clean and dry.
- Properly cut your nail by routine.
- Utilize an emery board to shape and keep nails free of snags.
- Avoid biting your nails or removing the cuticle.
- Avoid using your nails as a tool, such as to open pop cans.
- Regularly trim your toenails. It will reduce the possibility of trauma and harm if they are brief.
- Put your feet in warm, salty water to soak when your toenails are thick and challenging to trim. For every pint of water, add one teaspoon of salt, and soak for five to ten minutes.
- Avoid “digging out” ingrown toenails, particularly if they are infected and painful. Make an appointment with a dermatologist for treatment if you have an ingrown toenail.
- Put on correctly fitting shoes. Wear different pairs of shoes every day as well.
- When using public showers and the pool, wear flip-flops. This lowers the possibility of illnesses brought on by fungus that might grow in your toenails.
Video demonstration of nail care: Tips for healthy nails
Some Nail Caring Instruments for Your Nail
You also need good quality nail caring instruments. You can see the below product list for your choice.
1. Kiss Power File X Nail Dryer, 1.14 Lb.
2. Yougai Manicure Set Nail Clippers Pedicure Kit -18 Pieces Stainless Steel Manicure Kit.
3. UNT Ready for Takeoff Peelable Base Coat (0.5 Fl Oz), Hydrate & Restore Moisture Nail Nutrition Essence (0.3 Fl oz), and Ultra Nourishing Cuticle Daily Hand Care Cream Bundle Package (0.3 Fl oz).
|About The Item
|Kiss Power File X Nail Dryer, 1.14 Lb
|Rechargeable handle that can be used with or without the cord.12 attachments to groom, shape, buff, and shine nails into salon quality.Attached nail dryer for a complete Salon experience.
|Click here To Check Price
|Yougai Manicure Set Nail Clippers Pedicure Kit -18 Pieces Stainless Steel Manicure Kit
|Clever design. more comfortable.Non-slip design, not easy to fall off.Professional grade stainless steel.
|Click here To Check Price
|Base Coat (0.5 Fl Oz), Hydrate & Restore Moisture Nail Nutrition Essence (0.3 Fl oz) and Ultra Nourishing Cuticle
|Nail Art Friendly, Nail & Cuticle Protection Completely.Peelable Base Coat – Nail Nourishing Formula.Nail Nutrition Essence – Repair & Strengthen Formula.
|Click here To Check Price
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Sharp Nails Called?
Sharp nails are called “Stiletto Nails” in fashion. The name comes from stiletto shoes and they are well deserved. Since they’re long and sharp at the end, they can be used for a variety of nail designs.
What Do Healthy Nails Look Like?
Healthy fingernails are smooth and no pits or grooves are formed. There are no spots or discoloration and their color is consistence. Sometimes harmless vertical ridges are developed that run from the cuticle to the tip of the nail.
What Causes Nails to Be So Strong?
A structural protein known as keratin that is fibrous makes up the majority of nails. Nails are strong and resilient because of this. Your nails are also shielded from tension or injury. Interesting to note is that the keratin you can see is really dead.
This article fully explains the reason for your nail’s sharpness. Hope this article will help you to know the exact reason for the problem as well as the nail-caring techniques.
- Crochet Braid Hair Cost: Hope for a Style to Slay!! - January 9, 2024
- Best Braid Pattern For Crochet: Hair-Styling Tips And Tricks - January 3, 2024
- How To Braid Hair For Crochet: Best Hair-Styling Tips! - December 26, 2023